Sunday, July 26, 2009

All Is Well, All Is Well!

Well, it has been a while since I last posted, so I though as I sat here on this sunday evening, that I would update!
Well first off, I HAVE A JOB! Finally! I start tomorrow at the Good Samartian Center in Grants, its a 4 Star nursing home and so beautiful! Its amazing inside! The staff is very friendly! Its a christian society so everything is centered around Christ! I love it! Definately some very good missionary opportunities in there! Ah... I am just so excited to finally be working and have a place in life right now..
How are "other" things going you might ask? Pretty smoothly (knock on wood) actually. he didn't contest, so I sent in my application for a default hearing, and it was filed the 15th, so surely on my way to... I don't know divorce, closure.. however you want to put it really. So, whenever I have a day off, I need to call the court house and set a default hearing date and go from there! I am still mending my heart and my soul, some days are better than others, being alone this weekend is very very hard. I am so very lonely, and it definately tells me that I am sooooo not ready to venture out on my own yet. Which is ok, being as I need to save money anyways! I am just glad I have a job now to keep me occupied. and my mind occupied. I'm very sad still, and like I said some days are better than others. Definately not good for me to be all alone right now, I just cry all the time. yikes. I'm such a boob!
Today in church, the Nielson family gave a beautiful and powerful musical number. I felt the spirit so strong as they sang the Hymn Come, Come Ye Saints. WOW! What a talented family! As I was listening to them, I felt such a peace come over me as I heard the words, " All is well, All is well" Ah! I love that! I love that as the pioneers traveled across the plains and left their belongings, loved ones, lives they had, as they were forced out of their homes by angry mobs that they have such faith to press forward, and in their minds saying "all is well, all is well" Amazing, such and example for me as I go through this trial and heartache in my life!
I love the first verse!
"come, come ye saints, no toil nor labor fear, but with joy wend your way.
Though Hard to you, this journey may appear, Grace shall be as your day.
'Tis better far for us to strive Our useless cares from us to drivel;
Do this, and joy your hearts will swell - All is well! All is well!"
Man, I love it! I love this gospel and the knowledge I have that the journey may be rough, but All is well! There is a scripture in D&C 122: 7 and it says at the very end of the verse"...know thou, my son, ( i have put in their tannis) that all these things shall give thee expereince, and shall be for the good." I love it! There is another one that was given to Joseph Smith as he was in liberty jail, Its in D&C 121:7 it goes "My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment." I love these scriptures, it brings be such joy and comfort to know that the Lord is truly mindful of me, and knows my pain and heartache, and I love that i know He loves me! I love that feeling! I don't think I could make it through the day without knowing that I am a beloved daughter of God, and He loves me and I love Him. And that He is mindful of me. It truly is amazing.
This is a long post I know, but I just needed to put this up for myself, and share it will whoever reads this! I know that All is well, All is well! The work must go on! Life will go on! And I am finally starting to see that it is! I am slowly but surely healing one day at a time!
I love this gospel, I love my family, I couldn't go through this without them! I love the friends who have supported me through this! Thank you! I couldn't have done it without them either. Thank you everyone for everything that you do! You have helped me in ways I don't think you would know :)
So, this is my life thus far! I will let ya know how my first day at work goes tomorrow! Wish me luck :)
Love Tannis!

3 comments:

dntbaker said...

sistah,
i love you! i'm glad to see through it all you can still have a positive attitude. you really my hero :)
tanya

Anonymous said...

OH EM GEE!!!! That was the most amazing post I've ever read!! I LOVED IT!! And I loved that you called yourself a BOOB. You crack me up!!! I hope every day gets easier and easier.. and you find a HAWT sexy man to sweep you off your feet and treat you like a QUEEN!!

Aaron & Jayme said...

So how's the new job going?!?! Keep us updated!!